Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wonderful-land!!

   So to start this blog off I think I'm going to be a little out of character.  This restaurant is actually what gave me the idea for this blog.  Wonderful House, 221 S. Montana Ave. Casper, WY is one of the most welcoming and comfortable restaurants I've been to. As you arrive at the Hilltop Shopping Center you get this feeling of dread, "Am I really going to eat in at a place in an outlet plaza?".  I remember some of the ones in Colo. Springs that you had to push the peeing drunks out of the doorway to get in (always remember to wash your hands).  You approach the rather unassuming 'store front' thinking that you may be hanging with your new friend 'Johnny' in the bathroom tonight.  AH HA! thou wadst deceived!  The interior in this place has trumped some of the fanciest (and most expensive) fine dining places I've been to.  The classic Asian motif is accompanied with an almost Elizabethan (as in Taylor, not queen) elegance.  Of course the musical renditions of Sinatra always help in that respect.  The service there is literally the best I've ever witnessed in Casper.  There is a place in Denver where the SAKI never runs out, but that's for a different post.  Now for the real meat, the MEAT!  You've had beef in some of those other Asian restaurants right?  Did someone have a sale on jerky?  Wonderful House has beef dishes that would make some of the steakhouses cry.  I have tried less of their meals than I would like, but coming from a meat and potatoes family my dad's opinion is gold.  "I have never had a plate here I didn't love."  Mine is the Kung Pao Triple Delight.  Over-all I really couldn't rave more about this place.  It's actually been hard for me to try some of the other ones around town due to my gratitude for this experience.  The last little FYI.  Reasonable is an over-used word when it comes to prices...these ones are really budgetable.

RATING
Food Quality:
♦♦♦♦•

Customer Service:
♦♦♦♦

Accuracy:
♦♦♦♦♦

Speed:
♦♦♦♦

Atmosphere:
♦♦♦♦•

Over-all:
♦♦♦♦•

No comments:

Post a Comment